Re: this if for the ubuntu guys (cheese)

В Птн, 08/08/2008 в 21:47 +0200, daniel g. siegel пишет:
> On Mo, 2007-07-02 at 11:53 +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> > В Вск, 01/07/2007 в 13:45 +0200, daniel g. siegel пишет:
> > > hi there!
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > => note to the build system
> > > yes, i can hear it already.. "why didnt you choose autotools?? its a
> > > standard!". yeah, i think we all know about those standards, be it a
> > > build system or a document format. i played with autotools for about two
> > > weeks. two weeks of no coding, no new features, as i was trying to
> > > understand the gnu "auto, my ass" tools. the only thing i find was
> > > problems and things were just harder to do. this changed when i found
> > > the toc2 build system [2]. its really easy to maintain your project with
> > > this thing. now you might say: "hey, but i have to learn how to use it
> > > first! kinda silly?" and "but i have to install that first?" ehm no, as
> > > you will find your configure file and makefile and the only thing you
> > > have to do is a ./configure && make && make install as usual. this is
> > > because toc lives in the source try, quite like autotools, but not
> > > fully, as no global installation is needed. pretty cool, isnt it? have a
> > > look at the toc2 homepage [2] for further informations.
> >
> > This all sound funny until you don't provide i18n support for glade
> > files, gconf schemas. Try to setup gnome-doc-utils based help with your
> > toc2
>
> i18n is there, glade works too and for the moment i dont have either
> documentation nor gconf schemas.
> >
> > If you really need autotools help you can just ask. Probably there is
> > sense just to copypaste everything from existing sources.
> >
> hey, just understand me a bit: my task is to create that photobooth like
> app and not choosing/creating/... a build system. i want to have
> something, which with i can work fast, which is easily modifyable and so
> on as i often change things in the build-behaviour of cheese. if cheese
> should be included in gnome, we can of course talk again about that. but
> at the moment i only need something which works, and toc2 does that ;)

wget http://nshmyrev.narod.ru/temp/cheese-0.1.3.tar.gz

will download you an automake port of cheese. Improvements in this
version:

1. Version in .desktop file
2. Translatable .desktop file
3. Updates icon cache after icons install
4. Takes list from LINGUAS
5. distcheck passes

and many more.

Description: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=