Re: RE : [gnome-slackware]Compiling Gnome on Slackware

> > if you look in the 'dist' subdirectory of mozilla, you'll that it isn't
> > exactly the same as what's under /opt/gnome.  it will run perfectly
> > fine, but if you try to compile galeon, nautilus, or any other
> > application that requires mozilla libraries, you'll have lots of
> > trouble.  following the standard slackware convention makes everything
> > "just work" :)
>
> Well, Galeon was one of the applications I compiled after Mozilla, use it
> ever since:)) Would you please tell where to expect the trouble, maybe I
> just happened to be lucky this time?

hrm, galeon wouldn't work for me with after following the mozilla.org
instructions (this was back around 0.9.2, so things might have
changed).  if it works, by all means, don't go out of your way to break
it :)  i'm just relating my own experiences on what has and hasn't
worked for me in the past.

todd