Re: Hello!

> Hi!

> - where & how we build
> - who is is going to build them

This is a good question.
I have here adsl connection and slackware 8.0 out of the box. I guess I may build them here and then upload them.

> - who is going to test them (most important in my opinion)

Right, all of us ? ;)

Anyway, this leave the question of HOW to build them.
At the moment I have two possibilities.

1) Use jhbuild to build gnome2 and hack it to build the slackware packages. jhbuild is a python script made by jamesh (libglade,pygtk,pygnome,...) that takes cvs head and builds gnome2. I'm been using it for a couple of months and it's really nice, error tolerant and so on. The nice thing is that it has a dependancies system and has lots of people use it, they are always up to date. Hacking this script could leave the dependancies check up to lots of gnome people.

2) use garnome which I'm looking at at the moment.
This seems to be a build system that takes the tarballs, compile them and install them.
I don't know how much ppl use it, but the dependencies check could lay upon many ppl which is nice to.

May your guys could have a short look on both and tell me what you think.

PS.: igor, python wouldn't be much of a trouble since one has to have it for libglade, libxml, pygtk, pygnome, pyorbit and py* ;)

Waiting your feedback on this.
MCArkan