Re: Hello!

> > Hi!
> Hi,
Hi ;)

> Well, we could leave this job for Pat and keep this list clean of other
> problems. I don't really think that we have to deal with these problems
> in a GNOME mailing list.

Well, while creating this mailing list, the purpose was also that it could be a support for gnome package build.
While I'd like to let patrick do the package build, there are two things that let me think we should do them.
- First, the gnome version in slackware current is totally out of date, whereas kde isn't.
- Second, slackware current is less active that is used to be. I can understand the reasons why, but I don't want to let slackware die.
Therefore, building the packages would lead to make slackware more active. Moreover, if packages aren't uploaded directly to slackware ftp, they could at least provide a compilation skeleton for patrick.
The goal is more to help patrick into building the package (or even better could be to provide them) rather than just letting him do.
I have to tell him about that.

> > - what prefix we would like to have (presonally, i hate /opt/gnome ;-)
>
> /opt/gnome is the best location for the stuff, it allows me to do a:

I also agree /opt/gnome is a good place.
I can run both gnome 1.4 and gnome 2.0 with each being in /opt/gnome and /opt/gnome2.
We have to take into account that people may have gnome 1.4 and gnome 2.0 install on their systems as the switch will take some time (application port isn't finished).

MCArkan