Re: Use Dictionary Tabs in place of Radio Buttons

On 10/24/2015 04:57 AM, Leslie S Satenstein wrote:
The Gnome [Frequent] and [ALL]
My [ALL] list consists of 10 radio buttons. corresponding to a large number of installed programs.

It would be appreciated if an option was created to replace each radio button by  a three character
mnemonic in place . The contents of the mnemonic would be the first three letters of the first icon on the
corresponding page to the radio button.
Advantages. If I want to search graphically for a program that begins with M, I know to click the fifth
[Lig]" mnemonic as M occurs between Lig and the sixth mnemonic labeled "[Pac]".  This little extra
information facilitates using Gnome to look up a program whose spelling is not exactly known.
 Regards
 Leslie
 Mr. Leslie Satenstein
Montréal Québec, Canada

This seems to be the same problem as the one you wrote about back in
February [1]. Yes, I agree. As I suggested back then [2], you can report
this as a bug (if you haven't already). There's quite a lot of bugs in
GNOME Shell though, so I don't know if someone is willing to work on
this in the near future.

[1]
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2015-February/msg00016.html
[2]