Re: gnome-3.16.x without systemd

Hej,

1. LoginKit (logind compatible api on top of ConsoleKit2) - not yet working
and development apparently postponed for now.

Yep, that was the name I forgot. ;D

2. systemd-shim (limited support for some of the systemd apis) - development
halted

3. systembsd (a reimplementation of the systemd apis portable to BSD
distributions) - I don't use bsd

But it shouldn't be restricted to BSD.

..which is why I'm using consolekit, which the gnome wiki says should work
for 3.16.x :)

I'm sorry, can't help you here. Debian/sid is still on gnome-3.14.

Just a few thoughts: Are you sure, that the problem is ConsoleKit
related and maybe not some other issue? Or to put it differently: Does
the shell work when using logind?

By the way, what distribution are you using?  I had a few issues when
testing gnome-3.16 on Gentoo with systemd related to graphic stuff
(cogl). But it seems to work now.

Best,
Olaf