RE: gnome-3.16.x without systemd

-----Original Message-----
From: gnome-shell-list [mailto:gnome-shell-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Olaf Leidinger
Sent: Wednesday, 20 May, 2015 13:01
To: gnome-shell-list gnome org
Subject: Re: gnome-3.16.x without systemd

instead of using ConsoleKit, wouldn't it be possible for you to use a
non-systemd logind implementation? If I recall correctly, there were at
least two attempts: systembsd and some other I forgot.

Thanks, the choices seem to be:

1. LoginKit (logind compatible api on top of ConsoleKit2) - not yet working
and development apparently postponed for now.

2. systemd-shim (limited support for some of the systemd apis) - development
halted

3. systembsd (a reimplementation of the systemd apis portable to BSD
distributions) - I don't use bsd

..which is why I'm using consolekit, which the gnome wiki says should work
for 3.16.x :)

Regards
John