Re: Application with multiple icons

Thank you very much. You're right both windows:

WM_CLASS(STRING) = "IBM Notes", "IBM Notes"
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "IBM Notes", "IBM Notes"
Whille the icon names are differents... WM_ICON_NAME(STRING)

In desktop file I have no StartupWMClass, is there a way to work around?

I'm not sure but I don't remember this behavior in Gnome 2.32,,, it was so long time ago :-)

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Milan Bouchet-Valat <nalimilan club fr> wrote:
Le lundi 27 mai 2013 à 15:36 +0100, Neil Bird a écrit :
> Around about 27/05/13 09:40, Milan Bouchet-Valat scribbled ...
> > Most likely, the WM_CLASS is the same for all of the three applications,
> > so the Shell is not able to distinguish them. That would need fixing in
> > Lotus.
>
>    It sounds like this is one application creating multiple windows (for
> different purposes), in which case WM_CLASS would be allowed to be the
> same (but q.v.).
>
>    I can somewhat reproduce this with LibreOffice (GNOME 3.2):  if I
> start Writer, then do File->New [Spreadsheet], the icon and name
> (top-left in GNOME Shell) become that of Calc (“libreoffice-calc”) for
> *both* the Calc and Writer windows.  That's not right.
>
>    Especially since:
>
> WM_CLASS(STRING) = "VCLSalFrame.DocumentWindow", "libreoffice-calc"
> WM_CLASS(STRING) = "VCLSalFrame", "libreoffice-writer"
>
>    .. so they're not even the same class.
>
>    Of course, the Lotus case may be entirely different, and my GNOME is
> now a bit on the old side so it may be better now.
>
>    In fact, my VM Fedora 18 (GNOME 2.6) seems to be OK.
Yes, if you mean 3.6, this has indeed been fixed a few releases ago.

Regards