Re: Application with multiple icons

Around about 27/05/13 09:40, Milan Bouchet-Valat scribbled ...
Most likely, the WM_CLASS is the same for all of the three applications,
so the Shell is not able to distinguish them. That would need fixing in
Lotus.

It sounds like this is one application creating multiple windows (for different purposes), in which case WM_CLASS would be allowed to be the same (but q.v.).

I can somewhat reproduce this with LibreOffice (GNOME 3.2): if I start Writer, then do File->New [Spreadsheet], the icon and name (top-left in GNOME Shell) become that of Calc (“libreoffice-calc”) for *both* the Calc and Writer windows. That's not right.

  Especially since:

WM_CLASS(STRING) = "VCLSalFrame.DocumentWindow", "libreoffice-calc"
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "VCLSalFrame", "libreoffice-writer"

  .. so they're not even the same class.

Of course, the Lotus case may be entirely different, and my GNOME is now a bit on the old side so it may be better now.

  In fact, my VM Fedora 18 (GNOME 2.6) seems to be OK.

--
[phoenix fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[phoenix fnx ~]# ls -l .signature