Re: Override new GNOME Window settings like for Nautilus

Thank you so VERY much Michael - the extention that was mentioned in the message from gnome-nautiilus which I included in my first message is an excellent work around, just having the X works fine although I would line to have all three buttons so I can work with several nautilus windows open at the same time for document and file sorting.

Thank you,

David

On May 9, 2013 2:42 PM, "Michael Knepher" <mknepher bluethingy com> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 13:54 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 01:05 -0400, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
> > The generous folks at the nautilus list suggested both this suggestion
> > for a problem that many find extremely annoying and also with the name
> > of this email list so that I could drop this information to you.
> > Recently nautilus and others have been changed to a very annoying type
> > window bar without the close button making it very annoying to
> > minimize windows or to close them.
>
> Ctrl-W

I believe the OP brought this up on the nautilus list framed as an
accessibility issue, and noted that remembering keyboard shortcuts was
problematic.

> > Since Windows Close is one of those things we do constantly and if we
> > like the mouse, it is very irritating with the new system.  Please
> > have some configuration setting that will override the new settings.
>
> ?? I'm on GNOME 3.8.1 and I have a close X on the title-bar.  I believe
> this 'configuration setting' already exists, and I have it enabled.
>
> GNOME Tweak Tool -> Shell -> Arrangement of buttons on the titlebar

This doesn't apply to apps (viz. nautilus, totem, epiphany, the new
gnome-* apps) that conform to the "no titlebar when maximized" policy.
But this is something being worked on for 3.10, at least in regards to
the close button.

Michael Knepher