Re: Override new GNOME Window settings like for Nautilus

On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 13:54 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 01:05 -0400, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
The generous folks at the nautilus list suggested both this suggestion
for a problem that many find extremely annoying and also with the name
of this email list so that I could drop this information to you.
Recently nautilus and others have been changed to a very annoying type
window bar without the close button making it very annoying to
minimize windows or to close them.

Ctrl-W

I believe the OP brought this up on the nautilus list framed as an
accessibility issue, and noted that remembering keyboard shortcuts was
problematic.

Since Windows Close is one of those things we do constantly and if we
like the mouse, it is very irritating with the new system.  Please
have some configuration setting that will override the new settings.

?? I'm on GNOME 3.8.1 and I have a close X on the title-bar.  I believe
this 'configuration setting' already exists, and I have it enabled.

GNOME Tweak Tool -> Shell -> Arrangement of buttons on the titlebar

This doesn't apply to apps (viz. nautilus, totem, epiphany, the new
gnome-* apps) that conform to the "no titlebar when maximized" policy.
But this is something being worked on for 3.10, at least in regards to
the close button.

Michael Knepher

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383