Re: Override new GNOME Window settings like for Nautilus

Am 09.05.2013 19:54, schrieb Adam Tauno Williams:
On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 01:05 -0400, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
Since Windows Close is one of those things we do constantly and if we
like the mouse, it is very irritating with the new system.  Please
have some configuration setting that will override the new settings.
?? I'm on GNOME 3.8.1 and I have a close X on the title-bar.  I believe
this 'configuration setting' already exists, and I have it enabled.

GNOME Tweak Tool -> Shell -> Arrangement of buttons on the titlebar

No, If you have the newest version of nautilus (its not related to the
gnome-shell version), it will entirely remove the title bar if it is
maximized. Its the same behavior as with the Ubuntu default browser.

By the way: there is an extension for disabling the removal of the title
bar:
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/515/ignore_request_hide_titlebar/

Regards,
Schubi