Re: Turning off the screen shield in gnome-shell 3.8

On 25 April 2013 15:30, António Fernandes <antoniojpfernandes gmail com> wrote:
You can turn it off with Settings -> Privacy -> Screen Lock -> Automatic Screen Lock -> OFF.

That turns the lock off. I want to turn the screen shield off.

I tried another hack, namely to comment out some of the lines in the _activate method in screenShield.js, but that just left me with an unlockable shield.

[Apologies to António for mistakenly sending a purely off-list reply to him earlier.]

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org