Re: source.unseenCount's strange behavior

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Giovanni Campagna
<scampa giovanni gmail com> wrote:
> 2012/10/9 Thiago Bellini Ribeiro <hackedbellini gmail com>:
>> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Giovanni Campagna
>> <scampa giovanni gmail com> wrote:
>>> Ok after digging a bit, the problem is that .acknowledged is only set
>>> for notifications that are in the queue, but
>>> (notificationDaemon.js:564) resident notifications are not queued if
>>> the originating app is currently focused. A good fix, for which you
>>> can prepare a patch if you want, is to mark those notifications as
>>> immediately acknowledged, since that's the point.
>>> All other cases, including resident notifications for background apps
>>> (such as rhythmbox changing song), should be already covered.
>>
>> I would like to create a patch for this. Actually, I would love to
>> start contributing code to gnome, but I'm having a hard time with
>> jhbuild.
>>
>> I'm on Debian Testing and trying to run "jhbuild build gnome-shell"
>> always ends in a lot of dependency problems, since packages there tend
>> to be older than needed to build (specially on freeze). Even at the
>> beginning of 3.6's development, I never got gnome-shell to build.
>>
>> What should I do? I mean, what can I do to setup a working environment
>> for coding/testing/etc gnome's apps that works on Debian?
>
> If you're using the official modulesets, jhbuild sysdeps should
> install the necessary system packages (that are supposedly good enough
> on all modern distros), while everything else is built from scratch.
> Nothing should fail anymore for 3.6, although for core development you
> may want to switch to 3.8. Try jhbuild build --ignore-suggests
> gnome-shell, to skip anything you don't need.
> We don't have (yet) a SDK or anything like that for building
> applications, and in any case I don't think it would be inclusive
> enough for shell hacking.

Great! Will try that!

Just a little doubt: Taking a look at [1], it's not very clear that
those packages will be installed at my system or just for jhbuild (at
/opt/gnome).
I imagine that it's not going to install anything in my system,
possibly breaking other packages..am I right?

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/jhbuild/3.2/jhbuild.html#command-reference-sysdeps

--
Thiago Bellini | http://hackedbellini.org

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.” - Confucius