Re: source.unseenCount's strange behavior

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Giovanni Campagna
<scampa giovanni gmail com> wrote:
> Ok after digging a bit, the problem is that .acknowledged is only set
> for notifications that are in the queue, but
> (notificationDaemon.js:564) resident notifications are not queued if
> the originating app is currently focused. A good fix, for which you
> can prepare a patch if you want, is to mark those notifications as
> immediately acknowledged, since that's the point.
> All other cases, including resident notifications for background apps
> (such as rhythmbox changing song), should be already covered.

I would like to create a patch for this. Actually, I would love to
start contributing code to gnome, but I'm having a hard time with
jhbuild.

I'm on Debian Testing and trying to run "jhbuild build gnome-shell"
always ends in a lot of dependency problems, since packages there tend
to be older than needed to build (specially on freeze). Even at the
beginning of 3.6's development, I never got gnome-shell to build.

What should I do? I mean, what can I do to setup a working environment
for coding/testing/etc gnome's apps that works on Debian?

Thanks,

--
Thiago Bellini | http://hackedbellini.org

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.” - Confucius