Re: source.unseenCount's strange behavior

2012/10/9 Thiago Bellini Ribeiro <hackedbellini gmail com>:
> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Giovanni Campagna
> <scampa giovanni gmail com> wrote:
>> Ok after digging a bit, the problem is that .acknowledged is only set
>> for notifications that are in the queue, but
>> (notificationDaemon.js:564) resident notifications are not queued if
>> the originating app is currently focused. A good fix, for which you
>> can prepare a patch if you want, is to mark those notifications as
>> immediately acknowledged, since that's the point.
>> All other cases, including resident notifications for background apps
>> (such as rhythmbox changing song), should be already covered.
>
> I would like to create a patch for this. Actually, I would love to
> start contributing code to gnome, but I'm having a hard time with
> jhbuild.
>
> I'm on Debian Testing and trying to run "jhbuild build gnome-shell"
> always ends in a lot of dependency problems, since packages there tend
> to be older than needed to build (specially on freeze). Even at the
> beginning of 3.6's development, I never got gnome-shell to build.
>
> What should I do? I mean, what can I do to setup a working environment
> for coding/testing/etc gnome's apps that works on Debian?

If you're using the official modulesets, jhbuild sysdeps should
install the necessary system packages (that are supposedly good enough
on all modern distros), while everything else is built from scratch.
Nothing should fail anymore for 3.6, although for core development you
may want to switch to 3.8. Try jhbuild build --ignore-suggests
gnome-shell, to skip anything you don't need.
We don't have (yet) a SDK or anything like that for building
applications, and in any case I don't think it would be inclusive
enough for shell hacking.

Giovanni