Re: JS documentation ST...

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Yaa101 <yaa101 xs4all nl> wrote:

> Thanks for the answers so far Jasper.
>
> I found the solution to the table/scrollview problem.
> I have to put the table into a boxlayout and put that boxlayout into
> the scrollview to make the table contents appear in the scrollview.
> Putting the table directly into the scrollview will show an empty
> scrollview.
>
> I haven't played with scrollable yet, it seems too difficult with my
> current reference documentation.

It should complain wildly in stderr, but maybe you weren't looking there :)

>> Most CSS properties are supported by all elements, and you can add
>> your own properties by looking them up on the theme node.
>
> Can you explain further? looking up where?

On the theme node

> And to come back at my first question, is there any reference document
> for ST besides the C version?

Currently, no. There is going to be a new doc tool which will handle
language differences when generating docs, hopefully. It should for
the most part be a 1:1 mapping, except when it isn't (destroy notify,
gerror, out parameters). If work on the doc tool doesn't improve,
maybe we can lay down some rules of how to translate the C API into
the JS API. That would be a shitty last resort, though.