Re: Two or three things I see coming in gnome-shell

hi,

> - Better management of evolution and rhythmbox as background
> Problem:
> There are often many applications already launched and the two
> applications should not remain there permanently open and takes up
> space. Yet we need to open evolution to see if we receive new
> messages. And we keep open rhythmbox since we're listening to music
> Solution:
> Ensure that Evolution is running in the background but without a GUI
> and / or have a daemon that checks the mail. For rhythmbox, make music
> playback or radio is being transferred to a body that plays the songs,
> Rhythmbox will close but in this instance the notification area will
> continue to play songs.

Music playback does not  stop if you close Rhythmbox using alt+f4 or the
x and there are some extensions that allow "playback manipulation"
through the notification area.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/55/media-player-indicator/
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/54/mpris-player-control/

cheers