gnome (shell) contacts

Hello everyone,

I've been giving some thought to the Gnome Contacts' shell integration
and I think that it would be nice to have some overlying icons to
directly email or start a chat session (and so on) with the contact
without the need to start an instance of the Gnome Contacts app (if you
catch my drift).

Is there any work being carried out in that direction?
Is there a Gnome Contact API exposed so that a Shell Extension can take
care of this?

Best regards,
--

                                                         Sw.E. D.H. Bahr
                                         Nova Desktop Development Leader

Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
http://www.antiterroristas.cu
http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com