Re: Suggestions for better workspaces as independant tasks

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 16:33:38 +0100, Julien Olivier <julo42 gmail com>
wrote:
>> > That's not how it works on my PC: launching gnome-terminal twice
>> > consecutively opens two terminals.
>>
>> Yes, there are two terminal windows, but what happens is that the new
>> gnome-terminal process launches and tells the existing gnome-terminal
>> process to open a new window.
>>

> OK, well then that proves that applications are able to decide
> themselves what to do with new processes (open a new window, a new tab
> or just present the existing window). That's one more reason why
> gnome-shell should simply launch new processes each time an app icon is
> pressed on a workspace where there is no window for this app.

No. If I press the firefox or iceweasel icon, I prefer to have my already
firefox running appearing than an another one.

Perhaps, a new optionnal item in .desktop files could be created for this.
If not specified a click on an icon will pop up the already open windows.
If specified a click on an icon will pop up a new windows.

But in this case, an application to create .desktop should exist.

Regards,