Re: Suggestions for better workspaces as independant tasks

> > OK, well then that proves that applications are able to decide
> > themselves what to do with new processes (open a new window, a new tab
> > or just present the existing window). That's one more reason why
> > gnome-shell should simply launch new processes each time an app icon is
> > pressed on a workspace where there is no window for this app.
>

> No. If I press the firefox or iceweasel icon, I prefer to have my already
> firefox running appearing than an another one.
>
> Perhaps, a new optionnal item in .desktop files could be created for this.
> If not specified a click on an icon will pop up the already open windows.
> If specified a click on an icon will pop up a new windows.
>
> But in this case, an application to create .desktop should exist.
>
> Regards,

In case that's not clear, I only proposed to change the icon-click
behaviour in the case where there is no window of the application in the
current workspace. So, if Firefox was already running in your workspace,
clicking on the Firefox icon would result in showing this window.