Re: Disconnect signals without id?

Hello:

With much deserved respect to Amy, I don't think you
really want to disconnect all signals.

Depending upon the behavior you need to implement, you
may not need to disconnect the signal. As an example an
object has a handler connected for a signal. You want to
implement code that does additional work before or after
the default action. Connect your signal (connect_after or
connect) and if (connect) return true in your handler.
Your handler will be executed after or before the default.
Suppose you want to replace all the actions of the default.
Connect your signal do what needs to be done and return
false in your handler. Your handler will be executed.

Another option is to monkey patch the method where the
default handler is connected and gain access to the signal
id by assignment which lets you disconnect it as needed.

Worst case, subclass the class with the thingy you need
to get to, get to it, create your instance of the subclass
and replace the original object with yours.  The worst case
solution will properly run afoul of other extensions.

As I am sure you know, anything done must be undone in your
disable.

This is very general, less than expert, advice and may not
fit your needs but if I am too far off someone will set
us straight.

Norman