Re: Disconnect signals without id?

On Thu, 2012-12-27 at 11:55 -0500, Norman L. Smith wrote:
> Depending upon the behavior you need to implement, you
> may not need to disconnect the signal. As an example an
> object has a handler connected for a signal. You want to
> implement code that does additional work before or after
> the default action. Connect your signal (connect_after or
> connect) and if (connect) return true in your handler.
> Your handler will be executed after or before the default.
> Suppose you want to replace all the actions of the default.
> Connect your signal do what needs to be done and return
> false in your handler. Your handler will be executed.

Still doesn't seem to make a difference, using connect_after or
returning true or false. It's a relatively minor issue, and definitely
doesn't warrant the complexity of replacing the entire viewSelector
instance, which would seem to be the only way to achieve it.

Nevermind then, maybe my problem will be solved in a future shell
version.