Re: Double click in "Activities" mode to minimize all other windows

There is not much minimize love from the Gnome team. My guess is that most of the Gnome team use a work flow that does not include minimize, so that particular mode of working will likely be dropped.

If you desire minimize tools, it will likely require you to write a plug-in that will function as long as minimize is supported in Gnome. Just a guess of course. If possible, try to think of a work around that uses other features of Gnome, or simply consider moving away from Gnome. I don't say this to be mean, it is just that requests for use of Minimize in any form never result in a positive response from anyone that likely matters (in other words, there is no person on the team that seems to have any regard for minimize). Kind of like telling me all the reasons that Goat cheese is great and I should enjoy it. I have disliked it for years, have tried many varieties, and you will not convince me to eat it.

I have not seen any reasonable ideas to duplicate certain workflows made available by minimize, but, you can be sure that they (people on this list) will reveal new ways of operating that may help you find something workable, or at least less painful. The disregard for minimize is a matter of their workflow and preference, and given how often this comes up, they clearly have a high tolerance for repetition (i.e., you will not be chastised for asking, this is a safe place).

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php