Re: Double click in "Activities" mode to minimize all other windows

On 09/26/2011 06:07 PM, Florian Müllner wrote:
1.
On lun, 2011-09-26 at 17:56 -0400, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
<enter evil mode>
How about double click to move all windows to a new workspace then :-)
<exit all modes>
2.
The current workspace ends up empty and is removed

3.
A new empty workspace is created at the end of the workspace list

4.
The overview automatically switches to the newly created workspace

So basically you are suggesting a "move to the last workspace" shortcut,
but with lots of animations :-)
(not saying that this particular shortcut makes a whole lot of sense to
me in the first place)
Yeah, that is why I entered "evil" mode before recommending it. Now that you mention it, however, I can think of a good reason for doing this. Specifically, I like to keep my email open on the top workspace. If I know where something is running, I can quickly jump to that workspace using hot keys (i.e., Ctrl+Alt+Up_Arrow). If my email client crashes, then that workspace is gone.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php