Re: using gsettings / gconf in extensions

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Giovanni Campagna
<scampa giovanni gmail com> wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 26/05/2011 alle 10.38 -0700, Adam Williamson ha scritto:
>> On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 17:50 +0200, Giovanni Campagna wrote:
>>
>> > Why not installing system-wide? It's just a matter of "pkcon install
>>
>> What if you have other users on the system who don't want that
>> extension?
>
> A good question, I didn't think of that. In which case, the only
> solution (except for env var hacks) lies in glib loading schemas from
> ~/.local/share/glib-2.0/schemas or
> ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/<uuid>.

these env var hacks you speak of, what env vars would be necessary?
This could be useful for testing / development versions. Would
gsettings respect $XDG_DATA_DIRS by any chance?

I would hope to have it installed system-wide in a package eventually,
but would rather run things locally during development (and having to
keep modifying files as root).