Re: Gnome 3 vs scientists (ie., external monitor problem)

Hi! I can't answer on the technical part (hope others will), but I can
answer this:

Le lundi 30 mai 2011 à 11:20 -0400, Jan Skowron a écrit :
> Also, if one have learned that his card would not sustain external
> monitor, how he would disable the standard Gnome Shell and set
> fallback as a default option? This information would be useful as well (in a
> FAQ or so) to avoid problems/confusion/waste of time every time the
> projector or monitor is plugged in or intended to be plugged in.
There's no real risk upgrading to GNOME 3, since you can easily switch
off the Shell and use the fallback mode, which is the good old
gnome-panel like in GNOME 2 (but revamped). You just need to go to
System Settings->System Information->Graphics. I agree it could be good
to have this information in the FAQ, feel free to add it now you
know! ;-)

Cheers