Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Denys Vlasenko <dvlasenk redhat com> wrote:

Is it a policy of Gnome Desktop to shoehorn users into fixed UI style
instead of offering them reasonable choice? What next, hardwired window
title color and size?

--

There is no policy as such.  As I said earlier, why not try it first and see how it works before criticizing the design?

I'm a systems administrator I have a ton of windows open, I used to use the taskbar, and I don' and it's been okay for me.  While something was taken away, another method was added that hopefully will be better than what you had before.  It does require that you keep an open mind and try it.

There are plenty of people who have similar anecdotes.

sri