Re: Requiring GnomeDesktop, version none: Typelib file for namespace 'GnomeDesktop' (any version) not found

2011/5/3 Giovanni Campagna <scampa giovanni gmail com>
Il giorno mar, 03/05/2011 alle 11.59 +0200, Philipp Mohrenweiser ha
scritto:
> This shown as an error when tring to
> load xrandr-indicator gnome-shell-extensions gnome org in looking
> glass.
> I have also seen this when playing around with gjs but dont remember
> what exactly.

Using xrandr-indicator in 3.0.* won't work, the required patch in gjs
was not merged. It will fail with a different error
(Really, I should remove it from the stable branch, but probably it is
too late.)
So xrandr-indicator wont be usable at all !?
Thats a pity  wanted to extend it a bit an play around.
Could you briefly describe why its not working anymore i would love to se how it was ....

> I am using 3.0.1 from a manual build i started last night.
> Someone told me i have to enable gobject-introspection for
> gnome-desktop package, but i cant find info howto do that.
> If thats right could you point me on that, or else tell me what i am
> doing wrong?

If you're building from jhbuild, it should be enabled, and if not file a
bug.
(You can fix it manually by editing the moduleset and adding
"--enable-introspection" to the autogenargs of gnome-desktop)
Otherwise, file a bug at your distribution.

Yeahr i think it is built with introspection but i am not sure if it works:
a ./gnome-shell --replace from builddir/gnome-shell/src gives me
:/opt/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell$ ./src/gnome-shell --replace
    JS ERROR: !!!   Exception was: Error: Requiring NetworkManager, version none: Typelib file for namespace 'NetworkManager' (any version) not found
    JS ERROR: !!!     lineNumber = '0'
    JS ERROR: !!!     fileName = 'gjs_throw'
    JS ERROR: !!!     stack = '("Requiring NetworkManager, version none: Typelib file for namespace 'NetworkManager' (any version) not found")@gjs_throw:0
@/opt/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/status/network.js:8
'
    JS ERROR: !!!     message = 'Requiring NetworkManager, version none: Typelib file for namespace 'NetworkManager' (any version) not found'
      JS LOG: NMApplet is not supported. It is possible that your NetworkManager version is too old
Fensterverwalter-Warnung:Log level 16: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: An authentication agent already exists for the given subject
Fensterverwalter-Warnung:Log level 16: Error registering polkit authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: An authentication agent already exists for the given subject (polkit-error-quark 0)
      JS LOG: GNOME Shell started at Tue May 03 2011 17:04:54 GMT+0200 (CEST)

 Anyways it seems to be the started shell running (I have gnome-shell installed by ppa before and i am using it so difference between ppa 3.0.1 and self compiled 3.0.1 arent so clear for me :D )

Giovanni