Re: Feedback

On Monday, 02 May, 2011 11:49 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
I guess they do not want to listen as I recall.

Well, I wouldn't say that.. I'm sure there at least in Fedora that the distros will be trying to get suspend working.  Suspend has to work.  It needs to be exactly like the Mac.  My wife for instances, always closes, she never shuts down her laptop.  The same can be said of both desktop and laptop.
Points:
> Mac OS X own their eco system. So suspend will work 100% for them.
> Linux needs the love of all computer hardware manufacturers so that Power Management is not an issue to deal with.
> It works for your wife obviously. But in businesses, you do not have to close your laptops w/o shutting it down first or leave your desktop in a suspended state overnight and during non-working days.

I think nobody is against Suspend for sure, my point is just add another single line for "Turn Off" that was my point from the very beginning. Anyway, if the distros will show it then fine, but where the upstream UI shows only the "Suspend" option then there is a little flaw in that UI design I think.