Re: What is the status of the screensaver in GNOME3?

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Giovanni Campagna
<scampa giovanni gmail com> wrote:
>> So it would be fair to say that we will start seeing Clutter-based
>> screensavers in 6-12 months?
>
> It depends on how much work is done, and how many people are behind it.
> Given that gnome-screensaver works,

"Works" in the sense that it can only blank the screen? Heh.

> and given the holes 3.0 left in
> gnome-shell, this feature would need someone really interested in it
> (another Summer of Code?)

I understand that it's not a big priority compared to other stuff
that's going on.

I'd love to help with this, but unfortunately I'm only competent in
Python, so I don't expect I'd be much help with the C infrastructure
here. Maybe once the infrastructure is in place, I'll write some
Clutter screen hacks though ;-)

--
http://exolucere.ca