Some suggestions

Hi everyone,
I started to use gnome-shell some weeks ago with that in the repo of
Fedora 14, then I built the newer from git two weeks ago and I still
using it.
I appreciate the great work you are doing on GS and I would give you
some suggestion.
Due to lack of the taskbar (lower bar in Gnome2) now I'm using more Alt
+TAB shortcut than overview to switch running applications, but I think
we need of a mouse action to quick switch them: could one mouse click on
the upper bar free space raise the switcher (the same behaviour of Alt
+TAB)?
I don't understand the meanings of the icon (near activity button) with
only the possibility to close the application, there is a redundance of
"X" button (on window title, in that button and in overview mode). Could
this icon give more information about favorite or running applications?
In the dash in overview mode icons becomes smaller, due to the
increasing number of running/favourite applications; why don't fix
dimension and make two columns?
I think the dimension of application icon should have the same dimension
everywere, and in the application TAB should have more text below, to
explain better what they do (similar to tips in gnome2 menu). What about
the possibility to have icon view / list view  / detailed view, like
nautilus do with files?
My system spends some seconds to give list of applications/categories so
I hope this will be better in the final release of GS. It's not a quick
way to find applications....
Overview mode should be the easy way to find something, so I think the
workspaces should be always unhide.
Thanks a lot for your great work.

Alberto