Re: Command completer in runDialog

I will be the first to say you'll pry gnome-do from my cold dead hands.. I use it today in replacement for alt-f2 which I never found useful at all in any of its iterations on GNOME 2.  I use it mainly for logging into machines.  As a sysadmin, I do a lot of logging in and doing things so it's easy for me to just do hot-key machine-name and off I go.

That said, there is nothing about the architecture of GNOME do that i can't do it in shell.  Heck, I'd love an overview view of the common machines I log into.  It'll be neat.  It's a matter of writing extensions. My only issue is that from the desktop using the 'windows' key requires using my pinky which I don't find as convenient as but certainly trainable.  I assume we'll be able to change that going forward.

I think we're going on the right path, we can add whatever extensions we want as power users to get the desktop to behave how we want.  Leave alt-f2 to what it was intended for.  As was mentioned before performance issues are something that will get fixed after feature freeze, let's finish those parts up first and then when we get past feature freeze gnome-shell devs will have the time and focus to polish everything up nice and clean.

sri