Re: Command completer in runDialog
- From: Maciej Marcin Piechotka <uzytkownik2 gmail com>
- To: gnome-shell-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Command completer in runDialog
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:48:20 +0000
On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 01:40 +0530, Vamsi Krishna Brahmajosyula wrote:
> I would want to know if the runDialog should complete commands (like in
> In the source ~/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/runDialog.js
> i see an instance of CommandCompleter. But i could not use it after
> Am I missing the usage pattern or is the feature planned for later time?
I cannot say anything about "normal users" but I am expecting (i.e. what
I do when I press Alt+F2) to have combination of overview and terminal -
something like in Gnome 2, Gnome-do or quicksilver.
- I'm expecting to be able to run normal commands like pkill java. it
is important if:
a) Application does not have .desktop file
b) If it receive arguments not specified in .desktop file
- I'm expecting to be able to type description of program and get more
or less auto-completed even if it does not match the exact command
- I'd like to be able to search for recent documents. I always think
that overview mode is distracting.
- I'd like to be able to do more advanced stuff like in quicksilver or
gnome-do. Say find a document I was recently working on (say odf or
LaTeX document) and do some work on it (say convert it to pdf and attach
to current e-mail).
] [Thread Prev