Re: A few comments regarding Gnome-shell

On 03/12/2011 07:06 AM, David Prieto wrote:
> Florian,
>
>     Basic keyboard navigation in the overview has landed today -
>     keyboard focus can be moved to a particular element with
>     Ctrl-Alt-Tab, then its items can be navigated using the arrow keys.
>

> I have had the chance to try this and I have to say, I still think it's
> too difficult.

Just to be clear, Ctrl-Alt-Tab in GNOME 3.x is supposed to be like
Ctrl-Alt-Tab in GNOME 2.x--an obscure feature that the vast majority of
users never even learn about. It's not there be an everyday interface
for most users, it's there to support accessibility (eg, blind people
using a screen reader, or people using an alternative input method with
no mouse, who need every interface element to be reachable by keyboard,
in a predicable way).

A lot of the work that went into that is reusable for other, simpler,
keyboard navigation interfaces in the future, but we don't have any
design for that at this point. 3.2...

-- Dan