A few comments regarding Gnome-shell

Hi,

I recently installed Gnome-shell and was very impressed by it. It has certainly grown leaps and bounds since the last time I used it a few months ago. Yet, there are a few things that got me wondering. I hope you can find me with these doubts:

- You can open Activities without using the mouse, but then you can't do anything. Meaning, you can't use the arrow keys to select a running window, or a workspace, or an app on the launcher, or even use Tab to go from one section to the other. You NEED the mouse for those. Do you plan to implement keyboard navigation?
- There IS keyboard navigation in the search results, after you type a search term. But it surprised me to see that you can only press up/down, not left/right, which makes navigation very cumbersome. Would it be possible to implement all four directions?
- I have noticed there is an Apps menu which you can use to browse all installed apps, but there isn't a similar Places menu where you can browse your favourited folders, external volumes and recently used files. Wouldn't such a menu make sense?
- The Desktop seems to be empty - in fact, even right-clicking it does nothing. Do you plan to give it some use in the future?
- After working for some time with Ubuntu's Unity, there was one thing I really liked: having the current window's menubar integrated in the top panel. What is the opinion of the Gnome team regarding this? It does save some space, make windows look cleaner and gives some use to the top panel, which right now looks underused to me. Have you discussed this already?

I'm not subscribed to the list, so if you reply to this mail would you be so kind to CC me?

Best regards,

David.