Re: gtk2 theme

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 01:43 +0100, Stefano Facchini wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possible to use a theme also for the gtk2 applications?

Yes.

> with the
> new gnome-settings-daemon running the gtk2 apps have the ugly default
> win95-like theme. I recently updated all the modules which seemed
> relevant (gnome-settings-daemon, gsettings-desktop-schemas,
> gnome-desktop-3, gnome-theme, gnome-theme-standard), am I forgetting
> something?

I think the current recommended way to try GNOME Shell is using a live
CD/USB drive: http://gnome3.org/tryit.html

If you're trying to upgrade GNOME then it might help to know what distro
you're running.

If you're trying to build it yourself I believe jhbuild should take care
of everything for you but I haven't used it myself.

Luke.