Re: gtk2 theme

On 10/03/2011 13:05, Mystilleef wrote:
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Stefano Facchini
<stefano facchini gmail com>  wrote:
Hi,
is it possible to use a theme also for the gtk2 applications? with the new
gnome-settings-daemon running the gtk2 apps have the ugly default win95-like
theme. I recently updated all the modules which seemed relevant
(gnome-settings-daemon, gsettings-desktop-schemas, gnome-desktop-3,
gnome-theme, gnome-theme-standard), am I forgetting something?

thanks

This may or may not work for you. But I had to change the
metacity theme in Gconf to "Adwaita" for GNOME shell to use
the new gtk3 theme on my system.
I tried to change /apps/metacity/general/theme to "Adwaita" but didn't work :-(
You might also want to take
a look at the new tweak tool Jon Stowers is working on.
Search the mailing list for it. It helped me adjust fonts and I think
you can also change themes with it.
I'd like to try this but it requires pygobject, which I can't compile because at configuration stage it complains about a conflict regarding glib version:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.24.0...
*** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.28.3, but GLIB (2.29.0)
*** was found!
error

Stefano