Re: Two proposals for Gnome-shell

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Jesse Hutton <jesse hutton gmail com> wrote:
> If you are using gimp or some other application (terminal in my case) with
> multiple windows, the simple work flow to use is: 1) alt + tab to the
> application, 2) alt + <key binding> to switch between windows of the same
> app (is there a default for this in GNOME Shell?).

Yeah, there is -- just press the Super key by itself and it activates
the Activites overview, where each window shrinks just enough to fit
all on the screen without overlapping. This way you get large,
distinct previews for identifying different windows. Fortunately Super
is right next to Alt, so it is not difficult to Alt+Tab to the right
app, and then release tab, and hit Super to see window previews.

--
http://exolucere.ca