Re: Two proposals for Gnome-shell

On Wednesday, 09 March, 2011 01:16 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
actually, having used the plugin someone kindly supplied that gives
thumbnail+label on my laptop but the stock setup on my desktop for the
last month or so (yay quasi-empirical data!), I kinda prefer the stock
(icon + label) setup. I think the reason is that the previews render so
small in the Shell switcher that they're hard to see; I like the
thumbnail setup in Compiz but I think it renders the thumbnails a lot
bigger...
--
I can't test the Shell for the moment, because my GNOME 2.x got messed up with a black(kind of black hole) desktop with an error warning from GNOME power manager.

However, if for some technical reason, the Alt-tab's thumbnail preview can't be scaled to a degree where we will no longer use a magnifying glass, then it is fine for the moment. Alt-tab + icons must be user-friendly enough for developers and system admins, while the rest of the world will not find it helpful to switch between instances of an app. Hoping for an extension or patch for this after the general release...

Kind regards,
Allan

--
There must be a computer language that is 100% visual, but runs at the speed of the C language.