Gnome 3 fallback mode makes things easier

Hi,

I've got some thoughts about gnome 3 fallback mode and.

Since i've got a cheap intel 3150 gma, i cannot wait for the
activities overview every time i have to look in my applications menu;
if i want to open firefox, it's easy to press super-> type 'f' 'i' 'r'
-> press enter, but it takes too much time searching for applications
only looking at their large icons.
It would be nice to change the way application menu is rendered: for
example, if i don't like big icons, why not let me change big icons to
small icons or to text only?

After all, also windows vista and windows 7 made radical changes, but
the user has the _possibility_ to use older windows 98 theme, with the
name of running applications written in the taskbar (this is an
'advanced' feature of windows7: if you don't like big icons you can
revert to old style, but only if you don't have a netbook/notebook
with the terrible win 7 starter, which doesn't even let you change the
background: you need at least win7 home).

I understand that these changes have been studied and discussed very
well and that many hours of work have been put in making the new
gnome3, but i'd like to have more chances of customization without
relying on some third-party js-like extensions and i know that
enhanced customization it's not in the roadmap.

So, altough i really like the new Gnome3 design, i switched back to
fallback mode since i cannot change things for me important (the
taskbar is one of this, the possibility to add new items to the top
panel without using an extension is other).

Luckily, Fallback mode is like gnome2, but a bit more difficult to use.
For example, why do we need to press ALT + right click to open context
menu in the panel?
Why can't we change desktop background with a simple right click?
Why the gnome-config menus have been so simplified that i haven't yet
found how to customize keyboard-shortcuts?

And so this is my main question:
since Gnome3-fallback is 'Gnome2-like, why not simplify the life of
those who liked the gnome2 model and would appreciate to have the
benefits of new gnome3 infrastructure (it makes no sense to revert to
gnome2.32, i think), by making gnome3-fallback more customizable like
it was in gnome2? These changes wouldn't affect gnome3 design.

It would be like it was some time ago, having gnome2 with or without
compiz/3d/etc.

Regards,
Daniele