Re: Searching for files

On lun, 2011-06-20 at 08:47 -0400, Jeff Sumner wrote:
> And I'm back to using the file manager to search- which too works.
>
> I was surprised that there was a "search" feature advertised for Gnome-Shell that didn't actually... Well... "search" my documents.
>
> By the time I get my head around it, I'm sure it'll be there- or someone'll write a plug-in.

Hi guys,

There is the Zeitgeist branch, which has preliminary support for using
Zeitgeist as a search backend for files.  I'm not sure if this is what
you are looking for exactly,  but I've been using it with some success
for a little while now.  You'll have to compile it with jhbuild to get
it to work,  though, because it  isn't (to my knowledge) in any distro
repository.

Cheers,
Patrick