Re: Searching for files

On Jun 20, 2011, at 6:17 AM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 20:00 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
Where is the global recent document list, please? Is it gone?
I'm running Fedora 15. if there's anything specific to the
implementation of which anyone's aware?
On F15 it works fine for me for recently used files. I don't believe a
more comprehensive file search is implemented yet -

+1 Recent is working on openSUSE 11.3 GNOME3 install as well.  Only bug
I see is that it still shows files that have been deleted.

it's simply not been
written, though it's planned. But if I type part of the file name of a
text file I recently edited in gedit, it shows up.

I use "Desktop Seach" which brings up the Tracker search application;
this works *very* well.

And I'm back to using the file manager to search- which too works.

I was surprised that there was a "search" feature advertised for Gnome-Shell that didn't actually... Well... "search" my documents.

By the time I get my head around it, I'm sure it'll be there- or someone'll write a plug-in.

Now to figure out how to get printing to my home network printer!

Thanks!