Re: My opinions on Gnome Shell

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:

> "Dimitris M." <dimitrisfx yahoo gr> wrote:
>>My opinions on Gnome Shell:
>>Window management is atrocious (see below).
>>1. No minimize button (I can't even mention the number of times I have
>>cursed you for this, so far...).
>
> Minimizing is pretty much an obsolete notion.  I don't miss the minimization button at all;  simply adjust your workflow.  Use workspaces appropriately,

Agreed. Middle-clicking on the title bar to lower a window works fine
for me. Alt-Middle-click any where in the window to lower it is even
better, though.

>>2. Switching between widows is PAINFUL. The options I have is: move
>>mouse to top-left or press the window key.
>
> Alt-tab / Alt-tick

Seriously I tried but it's a bit stretching. I press wrong combination
all the time because I have to remember "ok this time you switch
between windows of the same app, ok this time you switch between
apps..." while I just want to switch back to the previous window.
--
Duy