Re: GNOME and ANDROID

> On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 07:20 +0200, Daniele Guerrieri wrote:
> yesterday, for the first time of life, i saw two Android devices:
> > samsung galaxy-s and asus eee pad transformer.
> > Immediately, i noticed many similarities between Android's interface
> > and Gnome 3.
> > Actually, the new Gnome3 interface resembles very closely an android
> > smartphone/tablet.
> > So, the answer to all criticisms made to the new Gnome, could not be:
> > "Ok, we'll let the user choose if he wants or a not a tablet-like
> > interface or if he wants a fully functional Gnome2-like interface?

The implied statement is that GNOME 3 is not "fully functional".  This
implication is FALSE;  I can manage everything in GNOME 3 that I managed
in GNOME 2.  GNOME 3 is not a stripped-down tablet interface; it is a
powerful *streamlined* desktop.

If you have a legitimate [aka "specific"] issue with using GNOME 3
please state it clearly [and specifically].

> Um. I'm not sure how you're getting there from here. How does Android -
> 2.3 or 3.0 - resemble GNOME 3?

Ditto. As a 100% GNOME 3 user whose had an Android phone for 3 years...
I don't see the similarities - beyond how every platform is similar to
every other platform.