Re: GNOME and ANDROID

Am 13.07.2011 12:29, schrieb Adam Tauno Williams:
On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 07:20 +0200, Daniele Guerrieri wrote:
yesterday, for the first time of life, i saw two Android devices:
samsung galaxy-s and asus eee pad transformer.
Immediately, i noticed many similarities between Android's interface
and Gnome 3.
Actually, the new Gnome3 interface resembles very closely an android
smartphone/tablet.
So, the answer to all criticisms made to the new Gnome, could not be:
"Ok, we'll let the user choose if he wants or a not a tablet-like
interface or if he wants a fully functional Gnome2-like interface?
The implied statement is that GNOME 3 is not "fully functional".  This
implication is FALSE;  I can manage everything in GNOME 3 that I managed
in GNOME 2.

Yes, but a Gnome 2 + Compiz + Gnome-Do is much more efficient in terms of keystrokes necessary to perform any action. Not being able to just open two different terminals on two different workspaces drives me nuts. The computer should do what I want, not what Gnome 3 wants.

  GNOME 3 is not a stripped-down tablet interface; it is a
powerful *streamlined* desktop.

If you have a legitimate [aka "specific"] issue with using GNOME 3
please state it clearly [and specifically].

Um. I'm not sure how you're getting there from here. How does Android -
2.3 or 3.0 - resemble GNOME 3?
Ditto. As a 100% GNOME 3 user whose had an Android phone for 3 years...
I don't see the similarities - beyond how every platform is similar to
every other platform.