Re: Arrow key window selector extension.

On 07/04/2011 02:56 PM, Tim Cuthbertson wrote:
On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:07 AM, privacy<privacy tanwald net>  wrote:
Hello,

I have written an extension for selecting windows in overview mode with
arrow keys. When you are in overview mode and press an arrow key, the most
recently focused window will be selected and highlighted. As soon as you
have navigated to the desired window you can press ENTER for activating the
window or DELETE for closing it. Mouse events and other key events will
terminate the selection process. I think the navigation logic should work
with any window placement strategy and multiple monitors should also be
supported.

You can find the extension here:
https://github.com/tanwald/gnome-shell-extension-arrow-key-window-selector

I would be glad about some feedback, ideas for improvement and please report
issues.

Cheers, Paul
Good stuff! (I was also thinking of making this myself)

I added a pull request to the extension here:
https://github.com/tanwald/gnome-shell-extension-arrow-key-window-selector/pull/5

But thought I'd also float the idea here: using pageUp/pageDown for
workspace navigation in the overview mode. It seems like a very
natural feature to me, any reasons against it?

Cheers,
  - Tim.

I really like this feature and I've already pulled it. I hope you don't mind that I renamed some variables to conform to the naming convention.

Cheers, Paul