Re: Arrow key window selector extension.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:07 AM, privacy <privacy tanwald net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have written an extension for selecting windows in overview mode with
> arrow keys. When you are in overview mode and press an arrow key, the most
> recently focused window will be selected and highlighted. As soon as you
> have navigated to the desired window you can press ENTER for activating the
> window or DELETE for closing it. Mouse events and other key events will
> terminate the selection process. I think the navigation logic should work
> with any window placement strategy and multiple monitors should also be
> supported.
>
> You can find the extension here:
> https://github.com/tanwald/gnome-shell-extension-arrow-key-window-selector
>
> I would be glad about some feedback, ideas for improvement and please report
> issues.
>
> Cheers, Paul

Good stuff! (I was also thinking of making this myself)

I added a pull request to the extension here:
https://github.com/tanwald/gnome-shell-extension-arrow-key-window-selector/pull/5

But thought I'd also float the idea here: using pageUp/pageDown for
workspace navigation in the overview mode. It seems like a very
natural feature to me, any reasons against it?

Cheers,
 - Tim.