Re: When UI Enhancements go bad...

I know, I know, some of you will desperately want a GUI for that, but this is just to help Cliff Getting Things Done (tm) ;)

You can disable pinning of modal dialogs in gconf. Set
/desktop/gnome/shell/windows/attach_modal_dialogs to false (uncheck) and you should be fine. I haven't tested it myself, I just know that the option is there.

Marcel