Re: The logic behind remove "Restart" and hide "Power Off" in User menu.

[could someone please fix Evo's 'reply' button to direct replies to
lists? I inadvertently sent this to Jon off-list, thanks to that.
Re-sending to list.]

On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 11:42 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 18:25 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >
> >> There is some information about what we're trying to achieve with the
> >> system stop options here:
> >> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Whiteboards/SystemStopRestart
> >
> > At the time of writing that page does not match the current design at
> > all. It references 'Stop' and 'Restart' actions which simply do not
> > exist.
>
> How does it not match the design?  That page is the design.  Do you
> mean match the implementation?  Well yes, the design often (should)
> precede the implementation.  Good observation though. :)

Sorry, yes, I should have written 'current implementation'.

My reading of the situation is that the design has been superseded in
practice but not updated; it doesn't seem like the 'Restart' action and
the discrete 'Stop' action described in the design are actually planned
to be implemented any more. Am I incorrect?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey